Mar 29, 2011

Tooth number 2

Sunday morning Mariah woke up with a high fever, fussy and gnawing on everything. I had already seen her second bottom tooth coming in the day before, so I knew that was what all the fuss was about. The whole day she  was crabby and then night time was a terror she stayed up all night. (her first tooth came in with no problems)
I went to CVS to pick up some baby oral gel and I asked the pharmacist if she had any suggestions:


  • Let her chew on a cold wet wash cloth
  • Put her paci in the freezer for a couple min and then let her bite on it
  • Wrap the wash cloth around your finger and gently massage her gums while applying some pressure
  • Let her drink cold water
  • Frozen or Cold teething ring
  • Give her baby  Tylenol to bring down the fever and apply the baby oral gel to relieve the pain
  • Also to bring down the fever put a cool washcloth on her head and stomach 
I of cores called my pediatrician before I did anything and ran these suggestions by him and he agreed with all of them . Everything helped so much her fever has been on and off since Sunday and today everything has been so good so far she has just been a little fussy and she is still wanting to just cuddle (which I love) 

This is the order that most babies get teeth, but every baby is different  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...