Nov 6, 2013

Birth story {Alayna Nicole}

I woke up around 9:00 am on November 3, 2013 with some mild contractions , i had been having contractions on and off for the last couple of days, but on this morning i knew it was time. The contractions just felt different. So i got in the shower packed the few things that i had left out of my hospital bag and continued on with my morning routine of taking care of the other kiddos. When a contraction would come, like while i was in the middle of making breakfast, i would just stop and breathe through them. I also got on my birthing ball in different positions that helped elevate some of the pain. I labored at home for 3 hours until it was time to go to the hospital, the contractions where about 5 min apart but didn't last long, when we got to the hospital the nurse checked me and i was 7 cm dilated! The nurse couldn't believe i was so far dilated she said because i was so "controlled" the nurses were pretty good they left us alone for the most part and i was able to walk around get on my birthing ball and in different positions as much as i wanted. I asked for intermediate monitoring so i didn't have to be strapped to a machine the whole time they just came in every now and then to check mine and the baby's heart.

There where times when I felt i couldn't do it anymore, it hurt too bad and in my weakness My husband was amazing  i am not even exaggerating on how awesome  he is during birth. He reminded me that every contraction was one step closer to having our little girl, he told me how strong i was, and that this was a normal process my body was doing exactly what it was supposed to do , "don't fight the pain he would say just work with it." I had him massaging my lower back and moving with me during the contractions. We worked awesome as a team and i really couldn't do it without him.

Still at 7 cm i started to have the urge to push my water still had not broken so the midwife asked if i wanted to let her brake it. I agreed and like 30-45 min after that i was fully dilated and ready to push! I pushed in a half sitting position ,pushed 3 times and out she came!

November 3, 2013 at 4:00pm 6hrs of natural labor weighing 5lb 15oz 18.5in long.
Big brown eyes, head full of hair and so teeny tiny!! we welcomed Alayna Nicole. Our third and precious child. My heart and my home feels so full i am truly blessed among women   <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...