Jan 29, 2016

My natural birth story {Levi James}


    


January 25,2016 I woke up at 8:00am with light contractions and I just knew that it was for real. There is just this overwhelming feeling that comes over me  feelings of excitement,joy and lthrill that tell me that it's the day I will meet my baby.
I made breakfast and got the kids set up with books and crafts that I had planned. While they were occupied I put the last couple things in my hospital bag and got through some contractions on my birthing ball. Now I am known to have super quick labor and delivery so I called the sitter to come over right away and made sure  to call my husband to come home from work . I told my five year l old that her baby brother was on his way and her excitement was contagious. "Just breathe mama, that's what I do when I am hurt or upset." Is what she would say ( the girl surprises me everyday).
Though the plan is to have a hospital birth laboring as long as possible at home is best for me. It's where I am most relaxed and comfortable  and when it starts getting bad we head to the hospital. 
 So for 3 hours i labored with my husband upstairs in our room while the sitter and kids were downstairs. We used the birthing ball , I got in the shower and tried moving into different positions. The contractions were 3-5 min apart when we decided it was time to go to the hospital. When I got there the contractions had slowed down and when the nurse checked me I was 5 centimeters dilated. The contractions started to pick back up and I asked for intermediate monitoring where the nurse comes in periodically to check mine and the baby's heart so I could still be up and moving around . 
I labored standing up putting all my weight on my husband in what is called the slow dance position for the next 2 1/2 hours. The staff was pretty awesome they knew we wanted a natural birth and they respected that.They left us alone , dimmed the lights and said y'all let us know what you need . I started to get the urge to push but my water hadn't broke so I asked my midwife to break my water because I knew that was all that was holding baby back .She checked me and I was fully dialated .She broke my water and immediately I pushed two big pushes one after the other and before I knew it ...Levi James came into the world! 7lbs 11oz 19 1/2 inch long straight hair and puckered lips I was holding my baby boy. So many emotions came flooding in . I am blessed!
   Giving birth truly is a labor of love
"If I can do this I can do anything" 










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...