Feb 19, 2012

Natural childbirth: our birth story{Caleb David }

7:00am  Monday January 30, 2012 I woke up with some very light contractions, they were so light I thought they were just braxton hicks.  With my husband and Mariah still asleep my plan was to jump in the shower to stop the contractions and then get back to bed. Once I got out of the shower the contractions had stopped so i got back in bed and as soon as I closed my eyes they were back and this time more intense and I knew this was for real.  I got on my birthing ball, walked around a bit and started to mentally prepare myself for having the baby. I figured I could get through the small contractions by myself and our plan was to labor at home as long as possible, so I let my hubby rest for when the labor got rough .. Not 30 min into it I had to wake him up they were getting close together and pretty intense( so intense i was vocalizing) and we still had to get Mariah to the sitters house and make it to the hospital! I mean everything was happing so fast before I knew it the contractions were one on top of the other and when we got to the hospital and the nurse checked me I was already dilated to a 9! I labored there for just a little while( in the slow dance position, spiraling) all I can remember is getting super hot,  making hubby take off his shirt and putting all my weight on him. Then came the urge to push ,this was id have to say the hardest part for me. I really had to concentrate and rely on my body to tell me how and when to push, and thank God for my husband he really encouraged me and believed in me even when i felt like giving up,  i couldn't have done it without him he was awesome! ( ladies even if it doesn't seem like they are paying attention to all the natural child birth stuff you keep telling him about and all the books and articles you make him read my hubby is proof that something does get through to them and in the moment they will remember). I started off pushing on my hands and knees and then moved into a half sitting/squatting position and after2hrs of labor and 30 min of pushing... out came Caleb David! Iv never cried so many tears of joy; 7 lb 14 oz 19 inches long head full of straight hair and big bright brown eyes I have a baby boy :)

God went all out, above and beyond what i asked of him. I prayed for a 4hr labor and got 2hrs i prayed for support form the midwives/nurses and they were awesome i prayed for no interventions or tearing and i got just that! he latched on right away and is  breastfeeding beautifully.  I will never forget this day "a kiss from heaven"

~ If i could do this then i can do anything ~






2 comments:

  1. OMG I love your story!!! I am also amazed that I was able to have a natural birth and a pain free one at that! Our minds and bodies are amazing! God wired us so wonderfully!! I enjoyed reading your story. made me feel like I was there! I'm so happy for you! you did it girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...