May 4, 2011

I know Every hair on your head

Relaxed hair 
This is how he created me curls, kinks, and coils and
I love it!!
Feel more confident, bold and free then ever before :)

 okay sooo alot has been going on and i have really been slacking on keeping yall updated i checked my inbox today 99% of the messages where about my hair!! i got alot of complements so thank all of you :)

I cut off all my relaxed hair and am now 100% natural  and for those of you who dont know what that means I  will explain... okay so ever since I can remember i have had a relaxer in my hair and a relaxer is a chemical treatment that straightens out kinks and curls i would go every 6 weeks to the hair salon pay $80 and sit for 3hr in order to get straight hair. I never thought i would ever not have a relaxer, if my roots started to grow out even a little bit i would run to a salon because i thought my hair was ugly, nappy or bad, so to be completely natural is a real change for me and i actually love it. The reason I decided to go natural is.. well there are a lot of reasons, It definitely was a God thing I had a dream one night and in the dream I heard a voice saying " Go back to Eden" and i knew the voice was talking about my hair when i woke up i had a complete understanding of what it all meant God was saying go back to Eden the way I intended you to be to the way I created you...after that I had such an urgency to go natural right then and there, the thing is in order to get the relaxer off of your hair you either have to grow it out which could take months, years even or to just cut it all off sooo i cut it ( well Reggie cut it)!! Another reason i did it is because of the harsh chemicals theses chemicals that are being put on black womens hair very dangerous, so dangerous that it cannot touch the skin, you are not supposed to apply them when you are pregnant (because they can get in your blood stream and affect the baby) and if left on too long can cause chemical burns, i have experienced this before. And last but definitely not least I did it for my daughter... I want my little girl to love who she is every part of her i want her to know that she is beautiful just the way God created her and that she doesn't have to have long straight hair I want her to look at me and then look and the mirror and see natural beauty.

I have learned so much in these last weeks, after cutting my hair, about myself and my identity and who i am called to be. I know i dont have to hide anymore, that i am completely free to be me that i dont have to live up to other peoples expectations or op ions or what society calls beautiful or acceptable. I am made in the image of God I am his creation and he makes no mistakes , i was made to glorify him with every part of me including my hair i was made to carry his beauty.
I know we all as women all races have places in our heart where we dont feel confident but i just want to encourage yall that your beautiful just how you are that God choose you and created you to reveal his beauty in a unique way .

love

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...